My Blog List

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Story line crit

Final mark making piece
critique by Hannah E.

My notes from the critique
So hannah understood my piece a little better than the people I was in the group critique with and I really liked the things that she said, yes she critiqued and discussed some flaws and pointed out what could've been done and after reading her notes I understand more about how I would make my piece better. I got alot out of the group critique as well like at first they thought it was about a nightmare, which since the piece is about what could be on the other side that deals with consequences of your actions then a nightmare could be the consequence. The one thing that was liked the most about my project was the brick wall and I do admit I am proud of it because I liked working on making the bricks by using a wood burning kit to melt the styrofoam and then painting it and finally piecing it together. The little things that didn't work well but looked like a different piece was the actual mark making that went around the brick wall. The purpose of the marks and the way I cut them out was to imitate fingers and have it look like something was peering over the wall and trying to grab you. Some of the tacks I used to hold up the paper was a little distracting even though they were clear. Also one suggestion to make it better was the get a bigger lamp so it didn't look so small compared to the brick wall. Another suggestion was to put the  piece up in a small area also that is completely dark and then hand the light to someone and tell them to walk and find the wall and see if they even want to go further or just get away from the wall. Over all I got alot out of this piece and I understand and get the stuff that people suggest on how to make my piece better.

No comments:

Post a Comment