My Blog List

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Final Dot Comps and dot photos

The 15 compositions I chose all mixed up.

Working on Emilys dots 
Working on Megans dots
These are the final compositions.

My table group separating my dots.
 So after the 30 thumbnail sketches of dots we had to pick 15 and these were the 15 that I chose, all are mixed up and everyone at the table had to separate and choose which ones belonged to the groups proximity, continuance and similarity. My table group critiqued my work and said that I made more compositions for proximity and continuance than similarity. Some of the proximity pieces had dots that were more too over powering than others, a lot of the dots were evenly spaced and some could've been closer or farther apart. Some of the compositions looked cluttered and weighted to one side. After all this the table group picked 3 they liked the best and that turned out to be the ones that we had to redo over again and to be our final compositions. After that we were told to go take pictures out in nature of dots and everywhere we went we just saw dots. Im telling you they became addicting especially when your in the middle of a store and want to take a picture of dots that you found.
Apparently I like proximity


Dots taken on Jasons windshield.
Dots off of my bench.







Look Braille! Taken in the WASH building.


Dots taken in the Target card section.
The pegboard from the tool room in the WASH building.

1 comment: