My Blog List

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interest Area 2

Researching: minimalism, post minimalism, process art, arte, and povera.

Anne Truitt did minimalistic art and I really dont like this piece, I guess Im not a big fan of minimalism. It just seems like to me that anyone can do this, I know it was made in the late 70's and it was probably some big thing back in those days but now it just doesn't strike my interest.

RICHARD SERRA
Blind Spot (2002-2003)
Weatherproof steel
Richard Serra came up as a post-minimalist artist on google and I have to say that I like this artwork more than minimalism art pieces and I think the reason why I like it more is because well I know that probably not a lot of people would be able to come up with something like this and then create it out of metal whereas anyone could get a 2x4 piece of plywood and put it somewhere and call it art...

Bruce Nauman, Human/Need/Desire, 1983
Bruce Nauman is a process art artist and I like this piece because it deals with words and lights and is very bright. It is a very interesting piece to me since I have never seen it before.

Giovanni Anselmo "Torsion" 1968

Giovanni's Torsion is a very interesting piece, made of leather, cement and wood I cant figure this out, but then again maybe I am thinking to much about it and wanting to make it something. Im not exactly sure if I like this piece or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment