My Blog List

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Golf tee madness

My golf tees slowly fall from their square to the floor.
Materials: The materials used were golf tees and the overall piece does respond to the objects because the tees themselves are straight and ridged while the overall piece has starts off as a square with hard edges and slowly falls down the wall of individual straight pieces. The only other object that could be used that I can think of would be nails because of the similar shape that they have to the golf tee. One problem that I would've had if I wanted to create the starting square perfect would be that the golf tees were not all the same length even though the bags stated they were all 2 1/8 in. When I first started the piece I had another idea for it but the further along I got the more I didn't like it. The whole think kept reminding me of something I had seen before and I couldn't figure out what it was until my mother looked at it and said it looked like a 1960's wall decoration which I didn't want something that I had seen before. The golf tees kept making me think of the piece I created now.

Craftsmanship: The whole entire thing was put together individually using nothing but hot glue which i personally think it helps the piece because you can still see the wall if you look close enough which I liked about it. The only thing I didn't like about hot glue were the little spider webs that were left over from the glue gun, that just got annoying.

Concept: The piece could relate to the history of the golf tee if you were to flip over the main square and took it out to a golf course and wanted to hit a crap load of golf balls off of it. When the viewer see's this piece they don't think of golf tees at first because you are looking at the sharp end of the tee, what the viewer thinks is similar to a bed of nails and it makes them want to touch the main square because it looks sharper than they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment