My Blog List

Monday, March 7, 2011

Critique for Monologuing and Uncomfortable videos

Ok so I definitely know that making videos is not my strong point, well first because the critiques didn't really go well. I kept getting told about sound quality in my monologues but I can understand that and I wish that my camera had a better speaker on it. Also in my monologue video I do know that if I could change things I would, like the background, I would definitely chose another place for it besides my bedroom, that was not a good choice, also I would've chosen probably messier food so that I could get it everywhere and just spit things out at the camera and slurp things better. My uncomfortable video didn't go so well either, and well in my opinion my video to me was uncomfortable because I was aiming for me as the audience but I do know that I could've and should've changed things in this video too. Kathy suggested that I should've let the ants crawl all over the camera and me it as though they were crawling on the viewer and I agree that would've been a better choice to do. From the beginning I should've just shot the ants instead of making the video seem like it was a poorly made documentary. With that being said, I definitely know that I should've done things differently and now I wish that I had of and also I should've spent more time trying to come up with various solutions to what is considered uncomfortable and also what would've been good to rant about.

1 comment:

  1. i don't think they need to crawl on you, just the camera lens because that would be experienced as them crawling on you or viewer. this whole thing is a learning process both about what you make but also about your own process...so don't beat yourself up just apply what you are learning to current and future project development :)

    ReplyDelete