My Blog List

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Metaphor Proposal 2

One of the things that I love to do is read because I have a great experience when I was taught to read by my mother, it's one of the things that she loves to do and she wanted to pass down what she loved to me when I was little. I love to read because its a place for me to get away from the real world and I always end up getting sucked into the book and it feels like I'm really there in the story.
The metaphor is getting sucked into a book, and I am thinking about making this by having a book laying on a pedestal with vortex of images from books coming out of the book and a hand coming through the vortex reaching out and grabbing the viewer wanting to pull them into the book.

3 comments:

  1. This one is my favorite. It seems like a really good, solid piece could come out of this. It seems really ambitious too, but you have good work that proves that you can be ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the metaphor would be something like "a good story line is a vortex that sucks you in"? If so I think this would represent it well. It would almost seem like a character from the book is pulling the person in. What would you use to create the hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what would the hand be made out of? maybe be made out of pages like the vortex. i think it would add to the concept.

    ReplyDelete