My Blog List

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mental Imaginings lists pt 1

List of 15 objects:
1. peanut butter crackers
2. cell phone
3. lightbulb
4. hersheys chocolate bar
5. my Mother
6. 20 oz. coca-cola
7. pocket knife
8. My puppy Jimmy
9. hardback book
10. ipod touch
11. small skillet
12. loaf of bread
13. my moms cat Rocky
14. Jacket
15. my Dad

Questions:
1. Are you better at visualizing people than objects? Or worse? 
What seems to be mentally different? I think I am better at visualizing objects a little better than people unless those people are imaginary people that I made up in my head.

2.Are you better at two-dimensional objects than three-dimensional? How so? I think I am better at three-dimensional objects because on some objects I can see the shadows around it.

3. Where do you see your image? Alot of the objects just had a black background as if they were floating in space but the animals and people had actual backgrounds like my kitchen, livingroom and front yard.

4. Is it out in front of your eyes or back in your skull somewhere or somewhere else? Most of the objects are in front of my eyes with the occasional up and off to the right as though Im having an out of body experience.

5. What is brought to bear in these instances is a keen sensitivity to a non-modular perceptivity of sense-data. Why might this be important in your field? Well if I am going to go with animation or graphic design it will go with my field because I can imagine stuff in my head and from different angles before I put the thumbnails down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment