My Blog List

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Metaphor Proposal 1

Im a big believer in Christ and I know that I sin everyday and well I remember this one time at church I was sitting in the pew paying attention to the preacher when he said this to everyone, "We are soldiers for Christ and we're in a religion war." Well that perked my ears ups because in the bible it states that Jesus wants us to forgive and be peaceful about things, I thought well if he wants us to be peaceful and forgiving then why is my preacher telling me that I'm a soldier and that I'm in a war for religion? In todays society you mostly associate soldier and war with violence and guns, whereas Jesus wants us to fight using peace.
My metaphor is being a soldier in a religious war and he way I would create this would be to create a weapon and incorporate wings and a bible in the mix somehow.

3 comments:

  1. This one is a good idea. Maybe a suit of armor? And a sword with a bible shield? I like it. And anyone whose been to sunday school knows the story of the suit of armor that protects us with the word of God. So it should be easy to get your idea across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you could fashion a gun type thing out of a cross or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of Trigun. The priest who had a cross for a gun

    ReplyDelete