My Blog List

Saturday, March 26, 2011

More for myself

So this is actually more for myself and I wanted to post it here. Since the beginning of WASH I resisted most of the projects and frankly just didn't understand the point of them or why it was so hard for me to come up with something that I thought was worthy of making. I admit I am insecure about my artwork but then again who isn't at some degree? Something over Spring Break clicked inside my head and actually it was a statement from my hair dresser lol it's funny how other people say something and it totally makes sense. I give kudos to Sarah for making the lightbulb go off in my head, wash is about finding yourself and your niche and that you want to show people how you view the world through your artwork. I admit I am slow because I have no idea why it just wasn't making sense until now, now I enjoy WASH and the critiques (even though I do get nervous about them) but I wont let them get me down if I have a bad one, I look at them as learning opportunities to get better and explore the art world. And Kathy this is for you, I really have this urge to just make more modular madness stuff and create more sculptures, yes I want to do nature installation pieces in my front yard. Im proud that Im learning more about myself on this adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment